Traversing Ottawa on an errand, decided to take the Quebec corridor.
This is the rear view of the now shuttered E.B. Eddie plant.
Starting as a match manufacturer in 1854, the plant was once a major employer in Ottawa making paper products of all kinds. The match business was sold off in 1928.
The buildings have stood vacant since 1972 when a major portion of the land and buildings were cleared to make way for the Museum of Civilization.